Funeral Luncheon Ministry
This great ministry needed to be open to ALL members of the parish (including men!).
We need people to provide food, set-up, serve, and clean up. We also have a need for “runners.” Those are the men and/or women who would be willing to run to the store and pick up necessary items.
- Food Providers: Will offer to bring items requested for the funeral. Items might include things like salad, potato casserole or a dessert.
- Set-up People: Workers would typically volunteer from 9:00-11:00 and duties would include putting linens on the tables, making coffee, setting out paper goods, etc… There is a “to do” checklist to refer to (and a chairperson to give you guidance).
- Serving People: Workers would typically volunteer from 11:00-1:00 and duties would include setting out the food on the serving line, replenishing as needed. Duties would also include cleaning up afterwards (washing & putting away dishes, etc…). A “to do” checklist is available and the chairperson for guidance.
- Runners: Volunteers who are willing to run to the designated stores and pick up the necessary items for the funeral luncheon (i.e. fried chicken, ham & cheese, etc…). Items would typically be dropped off to the Suneg Center by 9:30am the day of the funeral.
- Chairperson: Are you a take charge kinda person? Then this might be just the job for you! We need women AND men who are willing to learn the layout of the kitchen and the protocol for setting up, serving and cleaning up funeral luncheons. You will be given the necessary training.
Afraid to commit? Call the Parish office and we can talk to you in more detail.
Ready to try it once? Submit the form below and we’ll contact you about dates.